Thursday, January 15, 2015

Monday January 5, 2015


Hey Family 
   Well this was a good week.  It has just been raining a whole bunch here so it has actully cooled down a little! Which has been really nice.  But because all of the roads are dirt, it has been really hard to work because everything is super muddy.  There is water everywhere!  But it's ok because when it's raining and the people see us in the street they feel bad so they let us in more, so we teach more! Haha but its going really good with my companion and I.  We have been contacting a ton this week.  We just want everyone to at least hear the name of the church.  We found some really good people, and I'm super excited to start teaching them this next week! This is the last week before transfers, and I feel like I might get transferred, but I'm not sure.  I want to experience a new area but I love this area and the people here. And I am kind of nervous to change! 
  This one guy in our ward had dinner one day with my comp and I.  He has an amazing conversion story! He has been married four times.  The first three just seemed to fail soon after.  He was determined to make his fourth marriage work but he didn't know how.  Then one day missionaries came to his door.  He was not really intrested in them, but his wife was.  He sat in on the lessons with them because they said they needed a man to join them.  But he refused to pray about the church or Joseph Smith.  He was planning on telling the missionaries  not to come back anymore.  Then in one of the lessons the missionaries said something about temples... and  about being sealed for eternity.  That really caught his attention.  He started listening more closely, and for every question that he had, the missionaries had an answer.  When they explained the plan of salvation, and the use of temples, he said his feet started to get really warm, and then the rest of his body.  He knew he needed to join the church.  Shortly after he was baptized, and a year later sealed in the temple.  That was 16 years ago.  Now he has eight kids with this wife.  All of them are sealed to him.  And all are active in the church!  Just  a quick story that I liked and thought I would share with you guys. Love you all!!! 
Elder Beals

No comments:

Post a Comment